mario card on mototman

drewcrew6

Looking for info on a mario card for a motoman robot. The mario card is a "Motoman Allen bradley Remote I/O" card and allows I believe 112 bits to be xfered back and forth. I have not been able to come up with a manual for this card.

Thanks
Drewcrew6

Sounds like a cartoon show

One of my kids was standing by me and read Motoman and Mario and thought you were talking about a catoon show.

I am slow on the uptake: MARIO = Motoman AB Remote I O

I didnt have a clue what this was about so had to investigate, I have not found the manual YET but found you can take online training for the Mario for $300, this should provide all the material etc:
http://www.motoman.com/support/training/us/coursedetail-us.asp?controller=MRC&ID=99

Last edited:
I put 3 of those in, once, but don't remember much. They were painting robots and the I/O structure was not standard. What I do remember is thatb I had to go into the Motoman user ladder (a boolean expressed type program in the robot) and re-map some of the registers from the Mario card to the correct places in robot memory. Call motoman and get the details.

I didn't get the requiresd manuals with the first robot and I complained heavily until they sent me 3 free CDROMS with all the manuals.

And, oh yeah, get yourself a flash memory card to upload/download the user ladder and edeit it in notepad--much less cumbersome than that darn teach pendant. You can edit job files in this way, also.