executing a bat file with automation runtime

hagaib

hey all,
i have an application that requires the start of file with a click of a button.
i am using b&r's controller with automation studio and i can't seem to find a way to do this.
there's a way to start a process but that only works on windows based controllers and not the small plcs.
wondering if there's a way to excute a .bat file that will do what i want for me
thanks in advance

Hello hagaib,
can you please specify in more detail ....

do you want to start a batch file on the controller ? I cant think of how this should work... ? What is the purpose ?

or do you want to start a batch file when compiling ? As you mention AS. AS is not used during runtime on the controller.

there is ways to start pre-compile programs e.g.

BR
BB

starting a .bat file

hey bits'bytes,
i want to start a .bat file on the controller.
my original purpose was starting a vnc application on a remote computer with a click of a button on another vnc application. i figured that maybe i can write a script that would start the file i want via ftp. i mentioned AS because there's a way to make a button start a proccess(on the controller) but that unfortunately is only for windows based controllers.

Hello hagaib

I understand it like in the sketch I made.

You have a controller with a VNC Visu (Visu-1) on a Windows-PC.

When you press a button "B" on that Visu, another VNC Visu (Visu-2) should open on that same Windows PC.

If this is the situation, I don't think you can (or should) manage this from via the VNC-Visu-1. Why you don't just start the Visu-2 via opening the VNC linked to Vius-2 on the controller ?

BR
BB

start_batch.jpg

hey bits'bytes,
first of all, thanks for the responses.
you understand perfectly,
right now it's working as you offered (with two separate .vnc files for the 2 visualizations).
it was just a request from a customer to create a button on visu1 that would start visu2.