Allen-Bradley 1769-OF4 question

Henry O

Micrologix 1500: 1769-OF4 analog output module. Need to move a value from analog input module to analog output (just retransmit the same signal). Cannot do it with MOVE or SCP instructions.....any ideas?

Leaving aside the MOV question -
You could use the SCP function twice.

Take the AI -> SCP -> temp data point.
temp point -> SCP -> AO
Cludgy but I think it will work.

I'm with Mike, Why can't you use a MOV?
It's not clear if you tried to use a MOV and were unsuccessful,
or this is a classroom assignment and these are constraints from your instructor.

Mike, for some reason I kept getting "Operand sizes do not match" error. I tried Dravik's suggestion and it worked. Thank you all for taking the time to respond to my question.

Mike, for some reason I kept getting "Operand sizes do not match" error. I tried Dravik's suggestion and it worked. Thank you all for taking the time to respond to my question.

Just curious, a move should have worked.

Can you post the code that gave you the error?

Just curious, a move should have worked.

A MOV would only be appropriate if the analog input and analog output were setup for the same scaling.

Although this does not explain the OPs original issue, as you can just about MOV anything to anything.... except BOOL or BIT data !

I'm guessing one of his MOV parameters was specified to the bit level....