Allen Bradley 1769-L35E

Engineer_UA

Hi Guys,
Question - does the subject title AB processor act as a processor AND comms module? It does have communications ports available on the module, just wanted to confirm it can act as your typical Ethernet/IP comms module that typically is provided as stand alone separate module in the Contrologix PLC racks. I'm just not used to seeing processors having integral communications capabilities, and wanted to confirm.
Thank you,
EE

Yes, you can use the Ethernet port(s) on CompactLogix in the same way as a 1756-EN_T card on a ControlLogix. Some CompactLogix work a bit differently I think, in that on some models you can have the two ports addressed differently, but typically they have the same IP address I think. Just a heads up, the L80 series of ControlLogix do have an integral Ethernet port on the processor itself, in place of the USB-B port on the L70 series.

The 1769-L35E is a member of the first generation of CompactLogix controllers.

Its Ethernet daughtercard is a circuit board that's part of the CPU module assembly, and it uses a TCP/IP Object and Module Object that are logically separate from the CPU.

It is logically identical to a 1756-ENBT in Slot 1 of an ordinary chassis-based ControlLogix. It even has its own EDS file.

It supports fewer connections and has less processor horsepower than the 1756-ENBT. I'd have to look up the precise differences.

It has only one RJ45 jack, so it doesn't support "Device Level Ring" media resiliency features. And of course it has only one IP address.