Closed Loop System Logic

Dera bsee

Hello all,

I have a question. I am familiar with PID control loops. I have a project I'm working on which is steam control for a batch. I have a heat exchanger and on it I have a control valve and a temp transmitter, but I also have a temp transmitter on the tank. My goal is to have the tank's temp at 180 degrees. Which reading do I use? The Steam_Temp or the Tank1_Temp to use on the PID loop or how would I come up with the logic in order to be successful on this system? :confused:

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi Guys, During PID Tuning by Ziegler Nichols Closed-loop method, In TIA Portal there is a Trend Tool used to determine Ultimate Period; marking...
Replies
Views
So it looks like i am stuck with an old reliance DC drive on this project instead of the powerflex dc w/ 22-COMM-E. That being said i am trying to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to make an Automatic Coolant Dispensing station for my client. This unit will be stationed next to a CNC Machine to monitor...
Replies
Views
We're implementing a second pump in a piece of equipment that pumps primarily water, or fluids similar to water. This pump is located in a stand...
Replies
Views
I have a project where I need to use a proportional valve to control hydraulic system. Before, I used open loop and now I try closed loop PID with...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom