Unrecognized Device Error - Any thoughts?

blampe

I am getting the unrecognized device icon when trying to connect through the Ethernet/IP & ControlNet driver on RSLinx with my 1756-EWEB/A and 1756-CNBR/E modules. This error mysteriously came up all of sudden. To date it worked but after doing some interfacing with DeviceNet with a PCD card, it cannot recognize my modules. In the past have only been interfacing with ControlNet applications with the PCC card. I have tried everything i can think of to get this device to be recognized. I have tried pulling the EDS file from the module and re-installing it. I had my distributor send me the EDS file and re-installed it. I re-installed RSLinx and the error was still present. I even did a system restore to an earlier restore point and the error still existed.

Any thoughts of what else i could try doing?

Sounds like a firmware revision mis-match somewhere...

Our esteemed forum member Ken Roach is probably one of the best to resolve this, hope he sees it....

In the meantime, post back with the type and firmware revisions of all the modules involved in the communication path, what version of Windows, what version of RSLinx, etc. etc. Are you using a corporate EtherNet that has some restrictions imposed ?

The firmware we have on the:
1756-EWEB/A module is 4.003
1756-CNBR/E module is 10.007
RSLinx Classic Gateway is 2.52
Windows XP Service Pack 2

Also, It is a standalone network. It connects directly from the EWEB/A module to our laptop.

One thing also, i noticed that our ControlNet file will not open in RSNetWorx as well. You can open the RSNetWorx for ControlNet but as you go to open the file for our system, it immediately exits the RSNetWorx program. The RSNetWorx is version 8. This was not the case until after we interfaced with a DeviceNet project and messed with RSNetWorx for DeviceNet.