RS links showing AB HMI PV plus 7 as unrecognized device.

engr.saad

Hello Everyone.
I'm doing this for the first time and got stuck so, I'm posting here.

RS links is showing my HMI on the network but as an unrecognized device. It was a new HMI, I Assigned it an IP address from the IP pool it came up in RS links but as an unrecognized device.

-HMI model is 2711p-b10c22d9p
-RS links revision is 3.71 on PC.
-ME revision on terminal is 10.0.9.290

..Ive tried changing IP address and port.

help me out in this regard.

RSLinx Classic doesn't need to recognize a PV+, and version 3.71 is a few years out of date.

You need FactoryTalk Linx, which is tightly bundled with FactoryTalk View Studio (for writing your PV+ application) to recognize the terminal in its upload/download utility.