Wireless communication S7-300 + RLXIB - IHW

JoanG

Good morning everyone, i hope you are having a great day. I´m new to this forum and i´ll really appreciate if you are able to help me with my situation. I am an undergraduate student of Mechatronics engineering and i´m trying to communicate a S7-300 PLC wirelessly using a RLXIB - IHW Prosoft radio. I haven´t been able to find out how to establish the communication via ethernet with this radio module.

The signals sent via ethernet from the PLC to the radio are supposed to be received by a ILX34 - AENWG antenna a couple meters away.

My best regards to you all.

JoanG..

The RLXIB-IHW radios work great with the S7-300, but I'm not sure how the ILX34-AENWG will fit in to the mix since it is an EtherNet/IP device that requires a Class 1 I/O connection. As far as I know, the S7-300 doesn't support that natively.

Thanks a lot for replying. I know it doesn´t support it natively but i was hoping to find a workaround for it. I´ve been searching the web for a while and apparently there is none but i could be wrong.