ENBT not recognized

DEEBAN T

hi..

We are using ENBT module for workstations. If I'm connnecting my laptop with same version of softwares installed, the ENBT module is not detecting in RSLInx. It is showing unrecognized device. Reinstalled RSlinx. still issue is there. What is the reason and how to resolve this??

Note:
I'm using VMware to run windows XP on My laptop

RSLinx Classic uses an "Electronic Data Sheet" (EDS) file to identify devices on a Rockwell Automation network, including devices like the 1756-ENBT.

Every new firmware revision of a 1756-ENBT or similar device requires an updated EDS file.

Those EDS files can be included with RSLinx during installation, or they can be uploaded from the device, or they can be downloaded from the Internet and registered using a software utility called the RSLinx EDS Hardware Installation Utility. It's already on your computer.

The first step in troubleshooting an RSLinx connectivity problem is determining that the module is correctly configured for your Ethernet network.

Can you PING the module ? Can you see its embedded Web page in a Web browse ?

Does the "unrecognzied device" icon remain a yellow question mark, or does it show a red X as well ?

Are you using the "EtherNet/IP" driver or the "Ethernet Devices" driver in RSLinx Classic ?

What version of firmware is in the 1756-ENBT ?

What version of RSLinx Classic software are you running ?

I tried installing the EDS file installed in my workstation to my laptop and it replies higher version in already installed.

Unrecognized device remains with a yellow question mark and red cross as well.
RSLinx Classic version - 2.52
ENBT A firmware version - 4.003
I'm using ethernet devices. Even if i'm using ethernet/IP Driver, it is scanning and scanning

How to PING the module ? How to see its embedded Web page in a Web browse ?

Open command prompt, (windows+r then type cmd)
In the cmd prompt type ping x.x.x.x (the IP address of your module.)
Have you set your PC to have a static IP address on the same subnet?

PC is set to static address only..
tried pinging. A black sreen opens telling "request timed out" and closes in the 4th attempt

IP address of PC - 192.168.0.10
IP address of ENBT - 192.168.0.2

One more thing, does it makes any difference that there is a folder named RSI_EMBEDDED_EDS is missing in my laptop which consists of the specific ENBT/A eds file with icon and is available in my workstation PCs.

That will not stop you being able to ping the device or see it's webpage.
Are you plugged directly into the module, or via a switch or router?
Are you sure that the static IP address for your laptop is on the correct network adaptor?

Firstly, have you checked the IP address of your VM and secondly when you created the driver did you select the correct network adapter? I use VM's quite regularly and often find I need to switch off my wifi before they will connect to anything over LAN.