I/O Device manager

Thersonder

Hi Guys,

I have recently been tasked with updating my company's VM Block (output handler) for siemens s7 300/400 plcs (we use indirect addressing in it). o_O

It currently has the normal bells/whistles: activations, running hours, automatic mode / manual mode, on delay, off delay. Feedback errors and travel time.

However it is designed specifically to do single acting outputs and not motorised valves or 5/3way or 5/2 way non returned valves. It also has no time and date functions or logging of activations or time to maintainance timers.

What I would like to hear from other experts is what functions / features they would like to see/ add in if it was up to them and secondly what the structure would be.

I was thinking a FC that linked to a DB with a UDT so that I can extend the length based on the number of devices and an identifying int to specify which part of the code should be run (motor/ valve / motorised valve etc). As opposed to 4 seperate FCs which are called per device with an identifying device number that then points to that specific device's memory range in a udt structured DB.

Any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

Thanks

Geoffers