Rockwell CIP messaging with a 3rd party device

wyman

Hi,

First time poster, long time reader.

I've got a mass flow controller device for controlling the flow of gas. It has a flowmeter and an analog valve, and supports ethernet I/P. A while ago, I spent quite a bit of time banging my head off the wall trying to understand how to use their EDS file and how to do basic stuff like change device parameters etc. I was only ever able to kind of get it to do what I wanted. The main thing I could never figure out was how to command the valve to a position, while ignoring the controller functions of the device. I think if I could figure out how to use these different service requests that are list in the attachment, I would probably be able to help myself.

Anybody have any insight as to how to use the start and stop services in Studio 5000?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    83.9 KB · Views: 29
Here is the EIP manual for your flowmeter :
It is well organized and all your questions are treated there.
My attached snip is from that manual. The manual is alright, but doesn't explain how to use the different service requests types in Studio 5000 and I haven't been able to find any resources on that.

Initially all I NEEDED to do was to just assign units to the flowmeter and actuator components, the application has changed slightly so now I need to be able to command the valve to a position, which I'm pretty sure the only way I can do that is to send a stop service request to shut off the internal controller function but I haven't been able to figure that part out.

Attachments

• CLX_PM3000_via_485_RIO_Dnet_Cnet_Enet_ex.zip
    114.5 KB · Views: 1
  • msg config.jpg
    msg config.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 12