GE Fanuc RX3I CPE305

sjohnson

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a RXC3I with IC695CPE305 and IC695CHS012 Universal Backplane. The problem is the analog cards. I am Using the IC693ALG221 analog current I cannot get any cards to work or light ok in any slot and any revision I have. I have used up to Revision G. anybody had issues with 90-30 analog cards in this.. Thanks..

All poop I remember reading this a while back. Thanks for refreshing my short memory..need to get these boilers running tomorrow I was planning on adding a 693 5 slot expansion till I solved it but looks like all should be good ...thanks again

Last edited:
IC695CPE305 not reading anything from the high speed 90-30 bus

Hello
I am currently having a situation I have never seen with an RX3i.
Rack Setup
IC695CHS016 (16 slot rack)
IC695PSD140
IC695CPE305
IC695ETM001
IC695ECM850
IC695CMM004
IC695CMM004
IC694MDL645
IC694MDL645
IC694MDL645
IC694MDL645
IC694MDL916
IC694MDL916
IC695PSD140

Situation:
When we first powered the rack the two power supplies went into PS Fault. After a recheck and re-power the rack powered up but our CPU was dead, no lights whatsoever. Pulled our spare CPU in and rack powered up and everythig is talking except: None of the 90-30 high speed cards are reportingn back to the logic or to the Default tables (Addressing is 1i-64i) and none of the Q changes are making it to the MDL916 card. After this situation I replaced the 16 slot rack for a spare one to see if the previous power problem had damaged something in the rack. I have the same problem. The we replaced the power supplies and still have the same issue. I have tried empty logic with just hardware config to no avail. I have also tried pulling all the 695 cards out and no dice. I have even tried moving the cards around in the rack to see if any change, there was none.
I have a case with GE-IP but it seems they are slower than normal to respond. Any ideas?

Ic695cpe305

steverbo, It sounds like a configuration issue. Have you tried to look at the Fault table to see what it says. RX3i are pretty good at pinpointing where the problem is at by the fault table. If you have the Proficy Machine Edition. Look at the fault table starting with the oldest Fault (the beginning of the initial problem.) Open your project and make sure that the configuration of your cards match the configuration of your I/O . After installing the new CPU did you re download your Current Project and configuration? Is the CPU in RUN Mode?....Also should of started a new thread...

Ic695cpe305

Stjohnson thanks for responding
I am getting a LOSS_OF_IO module with a fatal diagnosis. I think i have not done a simple test that i should do, run the rack with a single high speed serial bus card at a time and see if it fails. I am thinking one of the cards is gone haywire and its bringing the entire bus down.

P.S: this config is used by an exact copy of this PLC with no issue.

Usually the Fault will Say which slot is the one giving the grief..... LOSS_OF_IO 0.2 Ect

Hello
I am currently having a situation I have never seen with an RX3i.
Rack Setup
IC695CHS016 (16 slot rack)
IC695PSD140
IC695CPE305
IC695ETM001
IC695ECM850
IC695CMM004
IC695CMM004
IC694MDL645
IC694MDL645
IC694MDL645
IC694MDL645
IC694MDL916
IC694MDL916
IC695PSD140

Situation:
When we first powered the rack the two power supplies went into PS Fault. After a recheck and re-power the rack powered up but our CPU was dead, no lights whatsoever. Pulled our spare CPU in and rack powered up and everythig is talking except: None of the 90-30 high speed cards are reportingn back to the logic or to the Default tables (Addressing is 1i-64i) and none of the Q changes are making it to the MDL916 card. After this situation I replaced the 16 slot rack for a spare one to see if the previous power problem had damaged something in the rack. I have the same problem. The we replaced the power supplies and still have the same issue. I have tried empty logic with just hardware config to no avail. I have also tried pulling all the 695 cards out and no dice. I have even tried moving the cards around in the rack to see if any change, there was none.
I have a case with GE-IP but it seems they are slower than normal to respond. Any ideas?
I don't see a 90-30 HSC listed so it must be in an expansion rack, does the expansion rack have it's DIP switches properly set and are you using a proper cable with a terminating resistor connector?

All
Thanks for your replies, i was able to sort it out this way:
First a bit of a correction, what I called the 90-30 bus is actually called the high speed serial bus.
Resolution:
After some thought I realized I had not done the simple one card at a time test with the original configuration. So I started my cpu with none of the 694 cards installed. I installed the first one and got a working status and was reading bits, so I continued installing them one by one until I got tot he discrete outputs. Interesting bit of information here, I installed the discrete output modules and did not get any indication of addition of I/O module and the card would not respond to forced Q commands, however the bus continued to work.
I am reaching the conclusion it was my two discrete output cards that failed their buses. Also it is interesting to know that if the rack is powered on with cards that have failed buses they will cause an irrecoverable (fatal) error on the bus and keep other cards from running, however if inserted after the bus has started communicating, they will not. So during boot time apparently the bus detects a fault and shuts down the entire bus.