Pharma reactor temperature control

(8{)} ( .)

Lifetime Supporting Member
OK. I haven't done anything like this years so I'm hoping that someone here will be able to provide me with some input.

I have to program and commission a 500 lt. reactor for a pharmaceutical company.

I'm debating whether I should use delta T (jacket inlet vs. reactor temperature) control for the gross temperature control and then switch to standard control after I reach some dead band OR should I go the more standard cascade control route.

I'm leaning towards the former partly because the single loop is simpler. All I'd really have to do is switch the PV from deltaT to actual Temperature when the delta T hits the dead-band.

Any comments?

Thanks!

Yosi

Similar Topics

OK, for my first post, I need a sanity check. For justifiable logistical reasons, I proposed to a client that I might be able to save them lots...
Replies
Views
When supplying variable frequency drives (vfd), should we install the line filter (emc) before the reactor (choke), or reactor before filter...
Replies
Views
Possibly a silly question, but when installing load reactors or dV/dt filters on the VFD output, I'm guessing the auto-tune should be completed...
Replies
Views
Can we use an output reactor in place of an input reactor ? Are they physically similar ? Because we have faster delivery on some chokes .
Replies
Views
I'm looking for several line reactors rated under 5HP that are totally enclosed and can withstand a dusty environment without needing to be...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom