C-More HMIs

Has anyone worked with the C-More EA9 series touchscreens? I want to use one to replace a console of buttons. My concern (as with all touchscreens) is ruggedness/durability. How well do the screens hold up in dirty environments (operators with sawdust on their hands).

Thanks
Mark Snodgrass

Has anyone worked with the C-More EA9 series touchscreens? I want to use one to replace a console of buttons. My concern (as with all touchscreens) is ruggedness/durability. How well do the screens hold up in dirty environments (operators with sawdust on their hands).

Thanks
Mark Snodgrass

I have several working fine for some time now, however, originally I was experiencing some screen de-lamination but I am told Automation Direct has since remedied the cause of this.

Can't beat the bang for the buck.

Convince the operators that they need to keep the protective plastic sheet in place over the touchscreen. When it gets scratched, replace it.
Don't try to cram everything on a single screen. Make the control objects large enough so that an operator wearing gloves can touch them and not an adjacent object. That way he won't be tempted to resort to something smaller (and sharper) that he just happens to have in his pocket.

No doubt Steve. I had an operator at a place I worked at 15 years ago who didn't like the slight bubbling of a touchscreen and decided to remove the outer layer. They use a razor knife around the entire perimeter, you can guess what happened.The operator then complained it didn't work.

This is so true. We have a lot of HMIs with small buttons and I have seen operators using pens even when there is a stylis hanging right on the HMI.

I just ordered the 15" model. Gives me plenty of room to put large buttons on the screen ( at least 1/2" x 2" in size). I will definitely have spare covers in stock so the underlying screen stays protected.