How clear last state "RS LOGIX 5000"

Zigu

Hi,

I have program where naturally comes I/O data. Now if I plug out I/O, stays last I/O data on controller.

How can I clear I/O data if connection fails to I/O?
(in this case I/O comes by ethernet)

Am I right that, Rockwell see if ethetnet cable is unplugged from the I/O-module? If its so, how can i use this info/data?

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. If it about Ethernet connected remote I/O, you can use the GSV instruction periodically (NOT EVERY SCAN) to determine if the remote module or comms adapter is connected and running, then take appropriate action if it isn't.

Query each module and comms adapter with the class "Module", the Instance Name is the Module name in the I/O tree, and the attribute would be "EntryStatus". MVM the result with 61440. If the final result is EQU 16384, the module is running.

You can query other things too, like "FaultInfo", "FaultCode" and such.

You could also use a GSV to simply monitor the state of the IO Status LED to determine whether an IO System fault exists. An Exclusive Or instruction may be used to clear all bits within an array.

Yes I have Ethernet connected remote I/O. That GSV block seems like what I´m looking for. Many thanks.

Can you Bit_Bucket_07 tell me more about using exclusive or instruction to clear arrays.

Anything XOR'ed with itself becomes zero.
That is an older trick from trying to squeeze every possible cycle out of a processor ! ;)

Why not just move a zero to the register to clear it?

Yes I have Ethernet connected remote I/O. That GSV block seems like what I´m looking for. Many thanks.

Can you Bit_Bucket_07 tell me more about using exclusive or instruction to clear arrays.

What rdrast said. Make the same array both operands of the XOR and also the result of the XOR, or simply move a constant value of zero into the array.