Programming Variable Speed Drive using Rs Logix 500

Joe Frey

Hi everyone, I am an automation Student and I'm new to PLC programming with Allen Bradley Rs Logix 500.

I have to upgrade an actual automated cooling wine fermentation process by using new a new PLC, HMI and implement the use of Variable speed drive.
I have [FONT=&quot](2) x 3Φ centrifugal KSB water pumps of 3kW output power each[/FONT]

Actual PLC : SLC 500 (1747-L532)
Proposed PLC : MicroLogix 1500 (1764-28BXB)
Proposed VSD : (2) x Vacon 0100-3L-0008-5-Flow

I would like to know if i will use analog output modules for the VSD ( Will the VSD use them)?

How analogue outputs are programmed in Rs logix 500 ( The Instruction blocks to be used etc)

Anyone can give me a guideline, a tutorial that can help me, or a proposition on how i can use the VSD for the 2 pumps?

Thanks in advance!