CompactLogix Comm. Alarm Detection

Purrdie

Hi Guys,

I am troubleshooting a Panelview and CompactLogix PLC.

I want a communication fault alarm to be indicated in the HMI when the communication cable is disconnected.

Right now, the alarm tag used for the comm. fault is [PLC]@connectionsdropped.

Sometimes the alarm tag is not working.

Does anyone know how this tag work?

Do you have other suggestion for the comm. fault indication alarm?

Thanks in advance.

Instead, use [PLC]@IsPresent.

@ConnectionsDropped is a statistical counter the describes the underlying CIP protocol behavior.

Thanks Ken,

I will try to test that one out.

By the way, do you have any manuals regarding this kind of tags? the @xxxx one. It's my first time encountering them. I am having a hard time searching about these tags in the net.