MicroLogix 1400 to CompactLogix Comm

intellimation

I have a ML 1400 that will be talking to a CL L18ER. N13 is data to be sent from ML to CL and N14 is data from CL to ML. The CL is utilizing SLC type Reads and Writes. Do I set up the messaging to utilize N13 & N14 in my MG data file. I was not able to find any help on how to fill out the data table. My help file locks up when I try to access the "MSG Setup Screen (ML1100 and ML1400)" under "MSG" instruction help. I also assume I need to set up an RI file. How many elements do I need in it? Where do I find help on what the various fields are for it?

I could not find how to edit my post, so this is an additional question related to it. Do I need both a Read and Write to pass all of the data or one or the other.

You can do it any way, but most agree it is best to set them both up to read. The routing information as I recall, is a "2, xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" where "x"s are your IP address. You need to set the option in you CPX to "Map SLC addresses" for the tags that the ML will read from the CPX. You pick what tags will be seen as N13 or whatever by the ML.