S7 Addressing Instance DB from within FB

Holmux

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Evening

I have been searching high and low for this one, I get close but not exactly what I am looking for, It's probably so clear I can't see it :)

I have a area in the Instance DB of my FB, where I would like to get an average.
It's just 10 INT tags in a row, how do I declare this area, by DBX10.0 BYTE 20 or is there another method, I guess I don't have to open the DB since I am in the FB is this correct ?

/Thanks

Battling a little with sorting these 10 tags, maybe it would be easier just to do this in a FC and use a shared DB, but the it's a large system I will be loading my project into, so I am trying to keep my tags with in a FB.

You original post requested average only - I take it you want the max and min values as well?

Is there any reason the 10 tags cannot be declared as an array of 10 integers?