ML1100 with PVP 600

QvixoteRoux

Hi guys

I have been practicing with a ML 1100 and I am trying to use with it a PanelView Plus 600, I have already a demo display with 4 multi state indicators and 2 momentary buttons, I assigned the tags but when I run the PV connected to the PLC via ethernet it seems like the are nor connected.

I already assigned IP addresses for both of them, I am not using an ethernet switch, I have the PLC connected to the pc with a DF driver and the panel via ethernet, then I disconect the panel from the pc and connect it to the plc.

I assigned a shorcut in the RSLinx Enterprise section but doesnt seems like working.

What I am not doing right??

thanks

Is your Shortcut in RSLinx Enterprise using the serial DF1 driver or the Ethernet driver ?

If you are using the DF1 driver, there are two common issues to be aware of.

First, the cable. The PanelView Plus has a "DCE" type port, while your computer has a "DTE" type port. If you are switching the cable between PC and PanelView, you need to add a "Null Modem Adapter" when it's connected to the PanelView.

Second, the COM port number. On the PanelView, the serial port is always COM1. On your computer, it might be COM2 or COM3 or COM6 or any other number, especially if you are using a USB/RS232 converter.

You need to manually change the COM port number in RSLinx Enterprise on the "Runtime" tab so that it uses COM1.

I strongly recommend using Ethernet. Ethernet switches are very inexpensive, and you will avoid the cable and port settings that are necessary with DF1 and RS-232.