Problem adding CIP drives offline, missing something easy.

CapinWinky

I'm trying to add some Kinetix 6500s to an EN2T and when I create a new axis from the drive properties window, I get this prompt:

"The axis cannot be associated to this module. The CIP Motion Drive module requires Hard or Soft Time Synchronization, and the parent scanner is not configured to support it."

The controller has "Enable Time Synchronization" checked and the EN2T doesn't seem to have any settings in its properties that I can adjust that are related to CIP Sync.

I've tried creating a new axis from the drive properties and manually creating a CIP axis and mapping it both from the drive properties and the axis properties. The error generated from the axis properties is different wording but the same message as the one above, specifically saying the EN2T is not configured with "Time Sync Connection".

What am I missing? Do I have to go online to get the EN2T to populate with CIP Sync data?

Check which processor/firmware version you have set. The controller must support CIP drives as well. Revision of the EN2T may be an issue as well.

Did you ever find an answer? I had the same problem trying to configure a Kinetix 350 through a 1756-EN2T. I found that under the properties of the 1756-EN2T, General tab, I had to click "Change..." button in the Module Definition section, and then set the Time Sync Connection to "Time Sync and Motion".

Did you ever find an answer? I had the same problem trying to configure a Kinetix 350 through a 1756-EN2T. I found that under the properties of the 1756-EN2T, General tab, I had to click "Change..." button in the Module Definition section, and then set the Time Sync Connection to "Time Sync and Motion".

That is the right solution. I found the same answer on this document from Allen-Bradley.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/motion-um003_-en-p.pdf