Problem with adding a controller module to Ethernet

ahmeduqat

Hello

I have a two controllers 1756-L61 and I would like to add an Ethernet Card module of one controller to the other one. When I search for the controller L61 in the list I don't find it. My list begins with the L81 controller.

Any help please.

Thank you.

Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding, but for control logix, you add an Ethernet module first, then under the Ethernet module, you add the controller. The likely reason you only see L8 series controllers is because they have a built in Ethernet module, where the other controllers do not

I have an Ethernet module configured with my first PLC in my project, and I try to add the controller L61 to that ethernet card. My version of RSLogix is v20.
can the version be a problem?

Thank you.

I added an 1756-ENBT and added my remote controller L61, but when I go online it gives me an error (communication failure). I have the correct IP of the card. I don't know what is the problem.

Problem solved. Finally it talkes to add the controller with a right version of a cpu and a right number of slots.

regards

Neither the number of slots nor the firmware version matters.

Be sure that your connection to the remote 1756-ENBT is not a "Rack Optimized" connection but rather is set to "None", so that it serves only as the structure for the Producing CPU object. That will remove any rack-size related connection errors.