anyone help me to write PLC Ladder coding (Melsoft)

jitu

Hello this is jitu. I am a new in this PLC Ladder coding. Anyone help me to write this problem. I am also try to solve this but not successfully complete.

3 conditions are:

1. When you press the button switch X0 ,then the lamp yo is ON for 5 second. When the lamp yo turns off after 5 second then the lamp y1 is ON for 5 second. When the lamp y1 turns off after 5 second then the lamp y2 is ON for 5 second. This proces Successively repeated in this manner.

2. when you press the button x1, then the duration of 5 second timer is switched to the 1-second timer during this process.

3. When you press the button switch X2( stop button) , then the process is stop and the duration of 1 second timer is returned to the 5 second timer (default setting)

Therefore, I want to create a PLC Program that fulfill all the all above conditions.

Untitled.jpg

Seal-in contacts would result in approximately a 50% reduction in the rungs. Because there is a Stop button, it saves even more space. Both Start and Stop can be on one rung with a seal in RUN-mode relay.

Here is one way to do the task, using seal-in relays and 5 logic rungs on the LogixPro simulator software.

Last edited:
Seal-in contacts would result in approximately a 50% reduction in the rungs. Because there is a Stop button, it saves even more space. Both Start and Stop can be on one rung with a seal in RUN-mode relay.

and you don't have to worry about power loss memory. sealed in rungs will always unseal themselves in the event of a power failure.

and you don't have to worry about power loss memory. sealed in rungs will always unseal themselves in the event of a power failure.

Unless of course you want to retain the last state. Remembering that you have a carrier in a stop would be a good example of this. This is where you would want to use a latch.

Here is the Mitsubishi Melsoft GX-Developer version. I feel pity for anyone who has to use the English verison of this aggravating software on a regular basis.

Where are Y1 and Y2? It appears that you need to replace M0 with Y0, and M2 with Y2 in your program.

Also, because you used SET for Y0, it will not turn off while Y1 or Y2 is ON. You should not use Set for Y0, but a standard coil "---( Y0 )" that can be broken when T0 goes OFF, and it is time to turn on Y1 or Y2. The requirements that are underlined is what you do not have:
...the lamp yo turns off after 5 seconds, then the lamp y1 is ON for 5 seconds. When the lamp y1 turns off after 5 seconds then the lamp y2 is ON for 5 seconds.

Last edited:
You need to add a method to create a loop, so that the logic repeats until the Stop X2 button is pressed. One way is to use the last T2 timer to reset the T0 timer, causing the timers to repeat the cycle. But you cannot do that unless you remove the SET Y0 instruction and use a Not T0 instruction with a Y0:
"----|/|---(Y0)"
This proces Successively repeated in this manner.

Thanks, it appears to work now, but if your switches are maintained-contact (do not go OFF when released) you would need a NC X2 before the M0 Set on Rung 0, to prevent M0 from being SET again when X2 calls for OFF.

You X0 and X2 switches must be momentary-contact, or your program would not work using the SET and RESET.

Last edited: