RSL5000 indirect addressing

Rain Man

I'm trying to use indirect addressing on the RS Logix 5000 ladder platform, how does that work? The PLC5/500 to 5000 conversion instructions did not work.

You can reference an element of an array using the standard [indirect tag] usage. This can also be used to access a bit of a tag - e.g. My_Dint.[indirect_tag]. If accessing a DINT's bits, for example, the value in the 'indirect_tag' would be 0-31. Any other would cause an error.

Similar Topics

Hi all. I have a tag called "SYS_PARAs" which is dimensioned 4,12,36 and I want to move data into specific locations from another tag so I've...
Replies
Views
I am using version V17.01.00 (CPR 9 SR 1) I have a fairly large machine with multiple PIO nodes on an ethernet network. I am getting a flashing...
Replies
Views
Hello, My coworker and I are commissioning a new panel. We have a 1732-AENTR series C remote IO thats Rev 6.1. The project file from a previous...
Replies
Views
Hello all. Yes, I remember well that RSL5k v.20 was plagued with issues however, it used to run on my laptop. After many years of hibernation I...
Replies
Views
Is there are way to set up RSLogix 5000 to start up with a category in the Controller Organizer 'minimized'? For instance, make the Add-On...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom