CompactLogic PLC Two Separate Banks

lsrautomation

I have been programming a CompactLogix PLC that will operate with two banks (I've got 2 separate Power Supplies one 120/230VAC and the other 24VDC). I've attached a photo to show the orientation (excuse the cabinet wiring). The expansion cable used is 1769-CRL. A couple of questions:

1. Is it necessary to use the expansion cable even though I'm using two separate power supplies?

2. How will the slotting work? I have 9 total modules, so will the slotting simply be slots 1-9 in the programming?

photo.jpg

Just a FYI, Rockwell has a free tool called Integrated Architecture Builder that is a big help when designing CompactLogix systems. Not only does it help with the numbering of your I/O, it simplifies the placement of power supplies, sizing of power supplies, types of endcaps needed, and any other gotchas that arise with designing CompactLogix "racks." It really helps to eliminate future surprises when designing larger systems.

Depending on which power supply you have, you may only need one bank for all your I/O.

Last edited: