1747-PIC help

Joe Loescher

Hey Guys:

Is there a way to test PIC's in house? I have 20 machines all running SLC 503s and all using the RS232 port for ascii communication to printers. I also have 4 PICs in house and can't get on line with any of them. I have tried two different laptops which both communicated fine yesterday and also know the DH485 port on the PLCs is working because it communicates fine with my panelviews. Any suggestions??

Thanks Joe

Ohm the ribbon cable out. Any problems I've ever had with a PIC have been from the ribbon cables.

Also you may want to look into getting rid of the PIC and going with the UIC

I dout that 4 PICs or 2 laptops would go bad at the same time, so I would look at your driver setup in RSLinx. Try playing with the baud rate and/or change your node address.

Any Common Item?

You have 4 different PICs and 2 different laptops, but are you possible reusing the 1747-C10 cable (or 25 to 9-pin adapter)? These can go bad too... :nodi:

Just trying to cover all bases. Sometimes we overlook the obvious... :D

beerchug

-Eric

just a guess ...

are you trying to go online with a PanelView? ... if so, try the PIC's with an SCL-5/03 ... if this works, it's because:

the PanelView does not supply 24VDC to the RS-485 connection ... the PIC requires this power in order to work ... the SLC processor DOES supply 24VDC ...

possible solution: connect the PanelView to an SLC processor and then try communicating with the PanelView ... usually this works because the power is supplied by the SLC ...

Thanks for the replies. I recieved a new C10 cable but same problem. I borrowed a PIC from a local integrator and every thing works fine. even with my old cable and 25 to 9 pin convertor. I will try ringing out the ribbon cable. Is there anything I can check inside the boxes??

Joe