Wonderware tag question

Tnorman

Hi,

I am new to wonderware, but have used other systems before (Ingition, and FactoryTalk SE).

My facility has Intouch running as a HMI for a CompactLogix PLC. There is a need to add a few more tags to the Intouch application. When I open the application (from my computer) and define a new tag: create the description, assign an access name: PLC1. I get that aspect what I do not understand is how do I define the tag path for PLC1?

Or is the software "smart" enough that it pairs: so on my CompactLogix PLC I create a tag called "Ham_Sandwhich". Then on the application of Intouch also create a tag called "Ham_Sandwhich" assign the access name PLC1 and then the two tags are tied together? Any help would be greatly apperated.

It is the "item name" of the InTouch tag that must match the tagname in the PLC. It doesn't matter whether the InTouch tagname matches the PLC tagname. The access name must be configured to match the target PLC address.

Hi

You will need to create a new topic. In Rs view you would call this a short cut
Look up create a new topic in the help files
Hope this helps

Donnchadh

Under "Configure" -> "Access Names" in your InTouch application this will be where you can define your "access names". In your case you should see "PLC1" listed. If you click on that, it will provide details of the OPC/DA server that is providing tag information.

From there, you have to go to the OPC/DA server to change configurations. I assume this application is running a WW DA Server, so open up the SMC (System Management Console) and under "DA Server Manager" you should find the running DA server. Keep drilling down and you will see the definition to the PLC. Under the PLC profile, there will be a tab called "Device Groups" there you will find the configured topic name which should match the topic name listed in the "Access Name" definition in InTouch.

For the tag definition the "access name" handles communication path to the PLC you wish the tag to reference, Bit_Bucket has already defined the item path definition for you.