cpu 314 and CP 342-5(ver. 6) collision HW config problem

paracelsus

Dear all,

After more than 1 week of unsuccessfull battle to solve the problem I am kindly asking for your help !

CPU is Siemens 314-1AF10-0AB0(version 2 firmware) and CP 342-5DA03-0XE0 (version 6 firmware).

When trying to download the HW config to CPU I get an error 33:16662(the connection to the target module could not be established).

After unpluging the CP from the backplane,downloading goes without a problem. Obvously there is collision concerning this 2 modules.
To show you this in more detail I have attached 2 pictures showing the download procedure with inserted CP(picture 1) and unplugged CP(picture 2).
As you can see, in picture 1 when CP is inserted CPU model type is not shown. After unplugging the CP, CPU model type is visible.

Any ideas?Could it be problem concerning different module firmware?

1.jpg 2.jpg

No idea what can be going on.
Some ideas:
Test the CP342-5 on another S7-300 CPU.
Install the CP342-5 in slot 4 instead of slot 7.

Dear Jesper MP,

Thank you for suggestions.
I had installed it in slot 4 in the first place (later on I installed it in slot 7 to unplug it more easily as i test it).

Unfortunately I don't have conditions right now to test the CP on another CPU.
CP 342-5 is brand new, and CPU is much older(it has been in use on HPP).

From the pics - my thoughts

Looks like your confusing your mpi with dp
Set pg PC interface to mpi and select address 2 mpi on CPU
Plug into mpi port on CPU only
Don't plug into cp.

From the pics - my thoughts

Looks like your confusing your mpi with dp
Set pg PC interface to mpi and select address 2 mpi on CPU
Plug into mpi port on CPU only
Don't plug into cp.

JRW, I don't know if I have understood you advice.

PG/PC interface is set to PC Adapter(MPI) and the adapter is connected to the MPI port on the CPU(CPU has only MPI port).

MPI address of CPU is 2 and CP 3.
I have also set PROFIBUS address of the CP to be 4 so there is no confusion.

On the other hand, if you though of changing the properties of the PC adapter(set PG/PC interface->pc adapter->properties), I tried to change the address of the station parameters from 0 to 2 and when trying to download HW configuration model type of both the CPU and CP is not visible(see the picture 3 below).

3.jpg

From Simatic Manager show us a screenshot using accessible nodes.
I want to see the mpi address with the CPU description

From Simatic Manager show us a screenshot using accessible nodes.
I want to see the mpi address with the CPU description

Here you go, sir.

Other conditions that could be worth mentioning is :

- HW configuration downloading goes without a problem when CP is unpugged
- SW program( OB1) downloading goes without a problem when CP in unplugged
- HW diagnostics of the CPU can run when CP is unplugged and vice versa(when CP is plugged I can only run diagnostics on CP)
- I have also tried to use FC1 and FC2 blocks for transfering the data between CPU and CP but after downloading the program and setting the CPU in run mode CPU's SF LED is lit red (the diagnostic buffer says that OB was not loaded)

4.jpg 5.jpg

I think there is something wrong with the backplane bus of the 314 CPU, or the backplane bus of the CP342-5.
I dont think it is something like firmware problems or incompatibility with the two parts. When you go online with the MPI port, you are directly connected to both the 314 and the CP342-5 since the MPI port is directly connected to the backplane. So I think it is a hardware problem.

So I think you should try to test the CP342-5 on another CPU, any type. Surely that must be possible.

I think there is something wrong with the backplane bus of the 314 CPU, or the backplane bus of the CP342-5.
I dont think it is something like firmware problems or incompatibility with the two parts. When you go online with the MPI port, you are directly connected to both the 314 and the CP342-5 since the MPI port is directly connected to the backplane. So I think it is a hardware problem.

So I think you should try to test the CP342-5 on another CPU, any type. Surely that must be possible.

If the problem was with the backplane of the CPU then the CPU would not work properly with other input and output modules(but it does).
Also, I think, it is very unlikely that CP also has hardware failure because it arrived straight from the factory 3 weeks ago.

Nevertheless, thank you for the advice, I will try to test the CP on another CPU to be sure.

If the problem was with the backplane of the CPU then the CPU would not work properly with other input and output modules(but it does).
The backplane on the S7-300 consists of 2 buses. K-Bus (Kommunikation) which is the same as the MPI, and P-Bus (Peripherie) which is not related to the MPI at all. So the K-Bus may be defective while the P-Bus is not.

What happens if you change the MPI on the CPU to 5?

Unbelievable, but IT WORKS !!!
THANK YOU!

It looks like CP needs to have higher priority address than CPU or?!?

The backplane on the S7-300 consists of 2 buses. K-Bus (Kommunikation) which is the same as the MPI, and P-Bus (Peripherie) which is not related to the MPI at all. So the K-Bus may be defective while the P-Bus is not.

Thanx for the info and explanation.

Config is downloaded to the CPU.
CPU distributes parameters to rest of the rack.
Both CPU and CP had address 2 it seems.
Since the CPU can't connect to a card with the same address, it can't update the parameters in the CP, thus the address remains 2.
Or at least that's what I think happened.