Manipulate bits within INT array in Structured Text?

SirCumference

Hi, I'm writing a program in Structured Text, and I'd like to create an array of INTs. However, I will sometimes need to operate on individual bits within those INTs. Is that possible? Thanks!

You can definitely address the Bits of an INT data element that is part of an Array Tag in the Logix 5000 Structured Text language.

Just address it like you would in relay ladder logic and use it where you would use a BOOL instruction.

MyArrayTag[5].1 for example is the second bit of the sixth element in the array MyArrayTag.

Okay, here's the deal. I'm attempting to translate an old Siemens PLC program written in Statement List into Structured Text to run on a Rockwell PLC. As much as possible I'm trying to exactly recreate the logic of the old STL code in the new ST code. The STL code has a data block containing a bunch of INTs. Looking through the STL function blocks, I see some places where bits from those INTs are used for boolean operations, and other places where real numbers are written to the INTs. Since I'm trying not to change the program logic, I'd like use a Structured Text INT array in place of that STL data block, but I'm trying to figure out if that's possible.