Regarding Equinode protocol

praveen

P
Hai,
We are in need to communicate with EQUINODE (high level advanced protocol) with Allen-Bradely system.This protocol allows a central computer to communicate with ALS remote terminal units (RTU's), iRTU-500 and TPC-2000 RTU's. EQUINODE is designed to conform with the international standards Organization open systems interconnect (OSI) reference model. Layers 1,2,4 and 7 are supported.i.e physical layer, Data link layer, Transport Layer, Application Layer, Implied Acknowledgement and Broadcast respectively.

Kindly suggest us for the model to be selected for Allen-Bradely system.

Regards,

Praveen.
Application Engineer.
Email: [email protected]

It is unlikely that you will locate any commercialy available, off-the-shelf device that supports EQUINODE protocol.

EQUINODE protocol was a custom protocol that was developed by Advanced Logical Solutions (ALS) of Livermore CA, for use in a SCADA system.

The EQUINODE protocol is fully documented, so you could possibly write a program to communicate with your iRTU-500 and TPC-2000 RTU's.

The protocol manual was a document that was provided by the manufacturer, Advanced Logical Solutions. ALS also provided a PC-based utility, Equinode, that was a test program for the iRTU, using Equinode protocol. All of this should be part of the iRTU package delivered by ALS. I would start by looking through the ALS documentation package.

ALS was bought out by Basic Measuring Instruments (BMI)about 12 years abo. BMI was subsequently bought out by Drantez. As far as I know. Drantez does not support the ALS RTU line.

Drantez - Basic Measuring Instruments (BMI)
1000 New Durham Rd
Edison, NJ (USA) 08818-4019
www.dranetz-bmi.com
Toll Free: 800.732.6832