AB Inview display with ethernet tcp/ip

AndrewB

Hi

Im trying to get a ab inview display with an ethernet tcp/ip module on it going.

Ive managed to assign the ip address to the tcp/ip interface and i can ping the sign no dramas from my laptop and send config settings to it etc. via serial or via ethernet.

BUT

I need to do one step of the setup using RSLINX which is refusing to see the sign fullstop.

Ive tried both the ethernet TCP/IP and Ethernet IP protocols adding the ip address of the sign in there.

The correct eds files are installed......

Any one got any ideas???
The local rockwell guys coming on monday to have a quick look but i would really like to get this thing going before then...

Inview Ethernet

I am working on one also. I can change the message on the Inview with the message software for the laptop. We are using a controllogix and can not get the trigger to work from the plc. The trigger works from the software button. The sample logic does not work, it seems that most of the examples do not work.

If you know the correction, please email me.

Thanks
Paul

InView Display RSLogix 5000 Control via Ethernet

We have been working a long time on getting our InView Displays to work from the PLC. The biggest hint that we received thus far is to consider the InView a scaled down version of a PanelView, since it uses the same software, only it does'nt have any touch screen capability.

There is a new version of InView software out there, too. It is Version 2.6. We just got it. It supports alphanumeric variables on more displays.

2706-UM016DENP & 2706-UM017CENP Are essential to have available when you are working with the displays. Pay particular attention to the REVISIONS.

Inview Startup
The problem is the Inview interface module connection. The one I have knowledge on is the tcp/ip. Our USB to serial 2 wire connection worked ok directly with the the supplied cord on the Inview display. The software implies you can setup the ethernet via the ethernet with the IP, Submask Gateway, plus EQ ID. You can not. EQ ID does not exsist. You must have a 9 pin wired cable with all the wires connected to the serial port of the ethernet module. In our case the USB serial converter never worked, we had to use a old laptop with the serial port on the base. Then call up commercial network, fill in the IP etc and download. It is a direct laptop to serial comm, not via RSLINX. EDS file then will see the Inview on ethernet. I hope this helps.

Paul Boose

Paul Boose said:
Inview Startup
The problem is the Inview interface module connection. The one I have knowledge on is the tcp/ip. Our USB to serial 2 wire connection worked ok directly with the the supplied cord on the Inview display. The software implies you can setup the ethernet via the ethernet with the IP, Submask Gateway, plus EQ ID. You can not. EQ ID does not exsist. You must have a 9 pin wired cable with all the wires connected to the serial port of the ethernet module. In our case the USB serial converter never worked, we had to use a old laptop with the serial port on the base. Then call up commercial network, fill in the IP etc and download. It is a direct laptop to serial comm, not via RSLINX. EDS file then will see the Inview on ethernet. I hope this helps.

Paul Boose
Thank you for the info. We have managed to download the message files via Ethernet to the InView. I was able to load the correct Ethernet address a long time ago, however, I agree with the way you did it. We have not managed to trigger the messages. When I figure that part out, we will be done.

Oh I feel your pain. I had the pleasure of working with one a while back and in my conversations with some folks, they questioned why people purchased these expensive units and then said the larger ones are know to have issues. I asked what was the soulution to the issues and the reply was to send it back for a new one.

Oh yeah, I am also working with one. Same problem I have messages configured in the inview but coul not trigger the message from the PLC. I am using micrologix 1500 with NET ENI. I also tried with ML 1100 still cannot get this thing to work. If rockwell pays you a visit and resolve the problem please post it. thanks.