EA9 C-MORE to a fixed slc500 or 5/01

Howell

Has anybody tried connecting a c-more ea9 hmi to a fixed slc500 processor or a 5/01 processor? Automation Direct website says it will, but for the life of me I can not get it to communicate. It is using the DH485 protocol. I was able to get the c-more to work on a 5/02 processor with DH485. I understand that the slc500 and 5/01 processors does not have DH485 initiating. Could this be the problem? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Welcome to THE Forum!
There have been a few cases brought here in the past concerning token generation on DH485. At one time I found some A/B literature that covered the limitations, but I am not sure where to find it now. I had believed that the problem applied to the fixed SLC, the 5/01 and 5/02. I have also read links that claim the c-more (which I have not used) does support token generation and should work with any of the SLCs.

Here is a link which contains links to other threads at a time when Red Lion did not have their driver polished to support the older units. I believe they have that all fixed up now.

Also, try a forum search for "DH485 token generation" and have a look at the results.

EDIT: another thread to look at...
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=57286

Paul

Last edited:
Thanks Okie. I did some searching on the form with not much luck with a cmore ea9 to a fixed slc500 or 5/01. Again I can make it work on a 5/02 which dont make much since why I cant make it work on a fixed slc500. I am trying to find another fixed slc500 in the plant to see if I can make it work on another unit.

Is there a PC with a PIC, or NET-AIC device on that network with the 5/02? That might be why it works... There are a lot of experienced folks here who may know the detailed settings to try in the c-more...good luck!

I did call Automation Direct and they are looking into it. I was able to connect the cmore straight to the 5/02 with the ea-dh485-cbl cable that I purchased from automation direct and it communicated just fine. That is what I was wanting to do with the fixed slc500, but no luck.

I tried connecting the ea9 cmore to another 1747-L40a in the plant and does the same thing (will not communicate). Still searching forum for more info.

GT. the link wasn't much help for my case. Thanks