Eurotherm 7100s

Steve Bailey

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The boondocks of Western Massachusetts USA
In the manual for a Eurotherm 7100S single phase solid state contactor, does the phrase "Total Load Failure" mean a burned-out heating element? The pattern of LEDs on the front of the unit are to be interpreted as "Total Load Failure", but the manual does not explain what those words mean in terms of what should be done to remedy the situation.

base on user manual TLF my understand means running above the nominal current in certain time and Led GRF show WRENCH Symbol remedy it's time to do maint/troubleshooting.

on user manual also indicate the firing will not stop except OPTION Card installed.

I believe total load failure = open load or open wiring to the load. This is different from partial load failure which is a 16% or greater reduction in current = one heater out a bank of 5 or 6 has gone open.