Beckhoff bc3100

apostolis

I have a faulty bc3100 and i want to replace it with a new but i havent in my pc the source code (the programm) which run, so the tools that i have are the ks2000-z2-usb cable and the twincat software. Who knows the procedure to download from the faulty bc3100 the programm which have into the memory and upload to the new.

I don't know about that particular one, but sometimes on those, you can only download

call beckhoff support ...those guys are the best .... friendly and knowlegeable

i don't know about that particular one, but sometimes on those, you can only download

call beckhoff support ...those guys are the best .... Friendly and knowlegeable

thanks, i call them but they said ''if you dont have the sourcecode you can't doing anything''.

beckhoff is correct.
It is because the code in the PLC is compiled from the source code.
so you will have to go to the original supplier of the software.
( i always give the client the code just to prevent troubles in paradise.

thanks, i call them but they said ''if you dont have the sourcecode you can't doing anything''.

well , there you have it.

I had to write a whole new program on two separate occasions because I didn't have the source code... fortunately, they weren't too large or complicated

This is where the newer controllers, such as the CX9000 series or CX8090, are a better choice because you can download the source code to the controller. Then the next person can come behind and upload the source.

As a rule, on every new project I always set the "Source Download" option to "Implicit on Create Boot Project". And also check the "Remind to Update Boot Project on Change" option. These settings help ensure the source is always available and the boot project and source are in sync.