From january 1st, IE3 for motors btw. 7.5kW and 375 kW.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all.

Maybe you are aware of the new EU regulative effective from jan 1st 2015 (so it is in effect now !) that prescribes the standard IEC 60034-30 to be followed. It means IE3 for all motors between 7.5kW and 375 kW and are in continuous operation.

I am curious about the exceptions to the requirement, in particular "Motors that are fully integrated into a machine".
How "integrated" do the motors have to be ?
Is a gear-motor (a combined gear and drive-motor in one unit) a "machine" and therefore included in the exceptions ?

Oh by the way, from 2017 also motors down to 0.75 kW are to be included !

Similar Topics

As far as I know the UKCA mark is mandatory from 2023, and that is 9 months from now. That is not a lot of time to investigate, design, validate...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just a sanity check here. Is the Stratix 5700 Web Interface supposed to be slower than molasses in January, or do I have a problem here...
Replies
Views
Hello Everybody@PLCTALK! Has anyone else noticed how SLOW and unusable Factory Talk View Studio Me has become with version 12? It is taking > 20...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm trying to find the most accurate way of calculating todays date, based on the number of days elapsed since January first 1984...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I cannot seem to find a way to move a Boolean from an Arrays UDT into a DINT. I have an Array of 32 elements with a UDT data type of 4...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom