Pto

atvracer

hi all

i got a question is there a way you change the PTO HZ (OF) setting while it is running?

I'm trying to control a servo speed by using a analog input 4-20ma temp gun as the part gets hotter the servo starts to speed up if the part starts to cool the servo will slow down to keep a constant temp

i tried counter setup say if i need to move 1,000,000 pulses i set the TOP to 1000 and run it 1000 times so after 1000 pulses it would read the new OF and move 1000 more a 1000 time but i had to use 0 on the ramps it works but i know theres has to be a better way

thanks

Hello atvracer,

It would be helpful with a little more information like the type of system used to control the servo, the type of servo, and posting the program you have from the servo and plc (if using plc) or temperature controller. Without this information the members here would be shooting in the dark to solve your problem. In this forum you have some of the best (y) people in the industry willing to help. As for me I am an electrician working my way up with all the help I can get.

Hope This Helps
Tom

Last edited:
yes sorry about that

im using a AB 1100 BBB PLC I'm just trying to figure away to get a high speed pulse that I can control the pulse rate with a 4-20ma analog input

I also have a AB1400 if that help

thanks

I can not seem to find it in the manual or quickstart, but I seem to remember that the PTO function can not be changed once started. That means that the run frequency accel / decel pulses and the run pulses are set unless you perform a hard stop during the run.

If you are not set on having an exact distance, I would suggest the PWM function instead of the PTO function. Just set the duty cycle to 50% (500) and enter in the frequency you what the output to generate. Well, maybe a little more than that, but the PWM quick start will explain it better then me.