PTO VS Analog drives

adam_lhadi

am planning to build a small machine which have 2 Axis (linear motion and rotary motion)

am confused about using closed loop stepper motors (PTO Drive) or using analog drive for 3 Phase motor (with encoder)
my steppers are G-Penny 34 closed loop 8.5N.m

basically, this machine will work 8Hour a day for the whole month
in this application if i go with the G-penny steppers are they reliable, will they do the job
what are the advantages when using PTO (steppers) or ANALOG (3phase motor)

Similar Topics

Hi everybody. I was wondering what are the advantages of PTO control of a drive over analog control. Up till now we are using only 0-10V as...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone am controlling a stepper motor with 1215 plc, when using motion control(V6/7) you don't have any option of using HSC as feedback is...
Replies
Views
Micrologix 1400 PTO function file. I set ADI to “1”. Right clicked ADP, selected “set independent accel/decel value location”, and entered L9:0...
Replies
Views
Hi, I can't seem to find a thread on this, so I'm starting one. I want to use 2 PTO outputs off a BXB 1400 Micrologix series C. BUT... I need...
Replies
Views
Hi, Does anybody know if it is possible to run Yaskawa's DriveWizard software on a PC, to monitor and configure V1000 VFDs that are connected to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom