Kinetix300 Index Action: "Wait for Start" vs "Stop"

adcla02

I am encountering a problem with my Micrologix1400 and Kinetix300 set up. The problem occurs when trying to job the motor, on the first push of the HMI jog button only. The motor does the move for the previous index being used (Index 0). After the first push of the button, the motor jogs as intended.

Order of Events:

1. One of the jog buttons is pushed
2. The PLC index number is changed (Index 2 or 3)
3. The message is sent
4. 150 ms later the drive "Enable" input is made
5. 850 ms later the "Start Index" input is made
6. The motor attempts Index 0
7. HMI button is released
8. HMI button is pushed
9. Motor jogs correctly

I am curious if the action type would lock in the index number, making it perform index 0. When the button is released, the index number is able to be manipulated, allow the motor to jog properly. I have reading about Wait for Start and Stop, and am wondering if Wait for Start would cause this.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, likewise if anyone could explain Wait for Start vs Stop in greater detail.

Thanks,

Adam

Last edited:
It appears that there is no true Jog set up in the Digitial IO list for the Kinetix. There are 5 unused Kinetix Inputs that could be used for a Jog function.

The jog function has been cobbled together in the PLC program by using timers and the Index function. I would check the Kinetix User Manual to see if there is a built-in true JOG function. If so, find out how to enable it.