PLC network

dbozic

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I am not very experienced when it comes to PLC networks, so I have a question would the following topography work.

We have 3x PLC, everyone has a unmanaged switch(siemens CSM377). We would like to connect all PLC to central PC so would it work if we would connect all of the unmanaged switches to central switch where the PC with visualization is connected?
Would the following work or we need something extra?

Thank you for your help!

Provided the pc has whatever it needs to communicate with the plc's and all ip addresses are within the same range I see no reason why your set up wouldn't work.

Provided the pc has whatever it needs to communicate with the plc's and all ip addresses are within the same range I see no reason why your set up wouldn't work.

Thank you for your reply!

I suppose all IP address of the PLC and PC should be in the same network( having in example 192.168.0.x only the x different and they have the same subnet mask 255.255.255.0).
So if i got it right the PC would have to have regular network card and a switch where are all the cables from PC and CSM377 units of the PLC connected (with installed and programmed visualization software WINCC)?!
Please correct me if I am wrong.