Allen Bradley PLC and VFD network issues.

The RS20's may be on the thrift shop shelf just because of the Java interface. I have a back-burner project to build a VM or other method to get into those (and older RA stuff like the 1734-AENT) easily where modern browsers won't.

On your web page for the main PLC. Under diagnostic overview are you usages high under module resources utilization? I have this issue now I mitigated it a lot by bumping out my RPIs on modules in the ethernet tree in studio 5000 (far left under i/o configuration). I know you want to have all of your remote IO in rack optimized (under properties)

If you are having network wide timeouts I susect you remote I/O Is turning all outputs off for the short period comms are dropped. thats if they are being affected by this comm loss. Second you can go Under PLC webpage and under advanced there is an event log you can watch. You should be seeing timeout mesages if you are losing PLC cnnections