Panel View 600

adavid0003

I am Currenty enrolled in a college course and i am dealing with a future teck 1232e and i am having trouble finding the panel view 600 in Rs Links Classic? any ideas?

I am Currenty enrolled in a college course and i am dealing with a future teck 1232e and i am having trouble finding the panel view 600 in Rs Links Classic? any ideas?

Assuming you are using ethernet and the PV600 is correctly configured with an IP address that your PC can ping (good old DOS CMD window), add the PV600's Ip address to the ethernet driver's station mapping, the PV should show up in the RSWho window.

Today I learned that FutureTek builds automation training stations, including one with a CompactLogix and a PanelView Standard:

http://www.futuretekinc.com/product/plc-model-1232-e/

The IP address of the PanelView is accessible through its configuration windows. Figure that out, troubleshoot the physical media using the link lights, and go from there.

PING is a good first step. PanelView Standards don't have a webserver so that's not a useful diagnostic.