Help with Proficy ME Alarming Logic

escoplcguy

Hey Guys,

I am working on a project in Proficy ME which i am not very familiar with. I currently have a program with multiple alarms. When an alarm condition is true it triggers a physical alarm buzzer. there is an option to silence the alarm with a button on the screen. Question is, how do i shut off the alarm silence if a new alarm condition happens while a current alarm is still active??

I hope this makes sense..

Hi
Each alarm will have an active bit and an acknowledged bit, so 2 bits for each alarm. If an alarm is on, an the ack is pressed, you want to seal in the the acknowledged bit, and use NOT' alarm on to release the seal

Now you can create your buzzer logic which will be if alarm on bit and not acknowledged bit then sound buzzer. You will need the 2 bits for each alarm.

Sometimes it is easier to compare word values to minimise alarm buzzer code.

^^^
This example is showing just 2 alarms.
The "Alarm Silence 1Shot" bit comes from the Alarm Acknowledge PB on the panel and/or a PB on the HMI.
The pulse signal is a 2 sec on/2 sec off bit for blinking of the alarm light to let you know Alarms are acknowledged but still present.

Last edited:
Each alarm will have an active bit and an acknowledged bit, so 2 bits for each alarm. If an alarm is on, an the ack is pressed, you want to seal in the the acknowledged bit, and use NOT' alarm on to release the seal

Isn't that what my logic does?