AB ML1400 program comparison

Nova5

I need to compare a program extracted from the ML1400 PLC vs what the file I have contains. Is there a quick and easy function to compare them in RSLogix Micro Starter. Or must I line by line check them? The version I have causes RSLogix to balk about a mismatch.

Could this mismatch be caused by manually inputting values into a N7 integer and saving the updated file, which was done on the road and not connected to the PLC at that time

Might have shot myself in the foot if that is the case.. But if so its a non-issue issue.

line/line, instruction/instruction comparison seems to tell me they are the exact same program. There are a few differences in the integers though.

If you can post both I am sure someone with Logix500 Pro would do the comparison for you.

If you have already gone through it line by line then I guess you would have no need for this anyway?

Just a thought:D

BCS

That would be quite appreciated, human eyes could have missed a subtle change. I am fairly certain I checked it right. only 35 rungs. But they are attached. The one labeled No Tagging is the one i extracted from the plc.

Hello Nova,

Sorry it took me so long, got pulled away to do what I do.
(Fix broken stuff)

Anyway your ladder file comparison was the same.
Function files and I/O showed different but I guess that is to be expected.

Attached is the file you uploaded, with the comments / descriptions merged to it.

Not that it really matters they are the same program anyway.

BCS

I still get the file mismatch error, Appreciate the attempt though! However since we know the logic is a match and you merged the comments into the new file I pulled FROM the PLC, I can stop the process and just upload (well download in rockwell language) the program to the PLC to reestablish my link.

Capture.PNG

Can you go directly online with the file that you uploaded from the PLC? (the one with no commments)

If you can then there should be no reason you cant go online with the one that I merged the comments to.

Dont know why you could'nt.

BCS

Can you go directly online with the file that you uploaded from the PLC? (the one with no commments)

If you can then there should be no reason you cant go online with the one that I merged the comments to.

Dont know why you could'nt.

BCS

It would actually automatically switch to that file since it was in the expected save directory. I had this file on my desktop.. shouldn't matter as I opened rslogix it with that file and tried to go online with it. Never had this issue before.

In the menus - 'Tools'-'Options'-'Project Files Search Path'

That's where it goes first. If you routinely store to another folder then change it.