PV+700 screens serurity settings

YICHUN

Hi, guys.
I am using factorytalk view studio to edit the screens of PanelView +700. Some of the displays has to be scured.
Since the security setting can't be imported from the old PVA file. We have to reset it manually.
I need to make 16 screens locked, one user can access to change whatever he want and the others can only view the displays.

But the best solutions is 2-3 users with different accessing rights.

Anyone got solutions for this? Thank you.đź““

Last edited:
go to security settings(one of the left tabs at FTview studio) make 2-3 users with access rights(a,b,c,etc).Create new users by selecting show users only then create new user. input user and password.

for the display, go to the change config screen, right click at blank part of screen then click display settings, and set appropriate letter (a,b or c) so that only the user with that right can access it. then make a display only screen without access right/code. dont forget to make a log in log out button.

Thank you, Dr. Mike. Some other problems comes out.
how to make the new screen display as the start up display?
And how the log in and out button works,cos they have connections at all. automatically pop out?

how to make the new screen display as the start up display?

In the Explorer Tree to the left of your screen you will see "Startup" choose this and you will get a pop up window where you can check "Initial Graphic" then chose which Display you would like to be your "Initial Graphic".

And how the log in and out button works

When you place security features on Displays you will need a way for the operator to log in and have access to these secure displays.
I usually place the Log in button on a Main Page (Usually my Initial Display) so the operator can log in with his password.
You can also add Log out buttons and if you look in the Explorer Tree and select "Project Settings" then chose the "Runtime" tab you will see the option to check the "Enable Auto Logout" if you check this then you can enter a time frame that the user will be automatially logged out if there is no activity on the PV.
There is also a box where you can chose which diplay the PV will return to at Auto Logout.

EDIT: You can find the log-in log-out buttons on your tool bar under Objects > Advanced

Hope this helps.

BCS

Last edited:
Thank you, Bering C Sparky.
All good.

I placed log in and log out buttons on the screen. Maybe it's beacuse of no connection with PV module, So I can't really get the working principle of the log in and log out buttons.

I mean, we only have the buttons on the screen, but without any links.
Is the user name and password input slot will pop out automatically?

Sorry for the stupid question, I am really fresh for FactoryTalk View and PV 600/700+. Thanks a lot.

did you ADD the users in the runtime security tab in studio after creating the users? did you set the access rights by checking the boxes?

Last edited:
Yep, 2 users Added in runtim security/

User 1 has (Code:A only) and user 2 (All Codes).
Display settings are changed.

But is that means user 1 can't view those locked screen?

did you use the login button as said by bering is found in advanced > login? there is no connection tab in its properties.
there should be a default user account that has no access then just put access to user 1 to access that screen

Sorry for the stupid question, I am really fresh for FactoryTalk View and PV 600/700+.

No worries, your questions are not stupid. We all had the same questions when we first start using the software.
I dont have very much time under my belt with it either but luckly I do have equipment at my disposal to set up on my bench and poke at with a stick, so this makes learning much faster.

Is the user name and password input slot will pop out automatically?

Yes when you push the log-in button you will get a pop up to do sign in.

Maybe it's beacuse of no connection with PV module, So I can't really get the working principle of the log in and log out buttons.
I mean, we only have the buttons on the screen, but without any links.

If you have created your runtime application and transfered the file to the PV then the LOG-IN Button should work.
It is not dependent on any tags from a plc.
Actually you can go to "Application > Test Application" (or just push the running man on your tool bar) and you can test out your screens right on your PC without even transfering them to the PV.

If you have your screens set up properly for security then when you push the GO-TO button to get to that screen you will get a information banner pop up that will say "Currently logged -in user does not have security access to " YOUR SCREEN NAME". (This is of course if you are not logged in)

But is that means user 1 can't view those locked screen?

As far as I know "yes" that is what this means, or at least this is how all my secure screens are set up.
If you set up a screen to have security level "B" for instance then only the users that have level "B" clearance can get to that screen.

There may be other ways to handle security so you can veiw the screen but not have access to make changes on it but I have not run across that yet. Others more savy may be able to shed more light on this.

Keep poking at it, you will get it, practice makes perfect.
Good luck.

BCS

Last edited: