drawing up simple ladder diagrams for help, what to use?

CeeDee

Hello. After doing a couple quick searches I couldn't find anything concrete on what I should use for a simple ladder drawing program.

Since all the PLCs and software I use have to stay at work, I have only access to printed ladder. I'd like to show what I have on this forum for some help and advice. What would be the easiest (and forum legal) way to do that?

I downloaded the free RSlogix Micro English but not sure how to get it to display nicely on here. Do I just take a screen shot (.bmp file) after drawing up what I want to show and post it?

Is there a better, simpler program for this?

While taking a screen shot is one way, a better way is to "print" the ladder to a PDF file. Get "CutePDF Writer". On Install it creates a "printer" which you select as the target of a printout. It will ask you for a file location and name. Then just post the resultant PDF. (The are other free PDF 'printer' applications that other forum members like also.)

Download and install CutePDF Writer on your computer. Print your RSLogix program with that, then upload the pdf file using the Go Advanced> Attach files feature.

Edit:
bernie_carlton posted quicker than me.

Last edited:
Awesome! Tried it. Works great. Thanks guys! I'll open a new thread for some logic questions on a project I'm working on as soon as I get some time.

After printing with CutePDF I just saw that I have PDFComplete that appears to do the same thing. I didn't know. Geezzz :sick:

CutePDF makes the file smaller. I like it better. (y)

Last edited: