FactoryTalk View Combo Box

RTahir

Hi
I want to place a combo box in a graphic display using factoryTalk View studio.
I did not got even a little bit help.
Anyone give valueable comments please....
Thanking in advance:beerchug:

Regards

Hi
I want to place a combo box in a graphic display using factoryTalk View studio
Objects -> ActiveX Control. Click Combobox, Draw it on your display. You will probably need to use VBA to handle it, the actual integration and control from View directly is horrendous.

I did not got even a little bit help.
?

Anyone give valueable comments please....
Eat a healthy diet, get a decent amount of sleep.

Behaviour of ActiveX Control ComboBox at Runtime

My issue is when I develop a HMI screen which contains an ActiveX Control combo box on my FactoryTalk View development computer, then deploy it on another having onlt FactoryTalk SE, I've had version issues with the control. The control is just displayed as a gray cross-hatch rectangle:confused:. Not any combo box displayed on runtime to select any value from it.:angr:

Regards
Rizwan Tahir

Yup. That's the problem with using Microsoft controls with projects on different computers. I believe its the FM20.dll thats older on the 2nd computer. It's a version conflict. That's why I avoid when I can using them.

Yup. That's the problem with using Microsoft controls with projects on different computers. I believe its the FM20.dll thats older on the 2nd computer. It's a version conflict. That's why I avoid when I can using them.
Thanks John kerekes and Good Morning!

I want to ask one more thing about FM20.dll,
should i replce the older one with newer manually by copy/Paste or need some sort of installation or registry steps?

Rizwan Tahir