FTVSME insert manual in a graphic display

mradamirwin

I'm new to the world and community of plc's. My experience is very limited and I'm seeking some professional advice. I'm trying to find an effective way to do two things with FTVSME:

1- Create a graphic display containing user and maintenance manual without having to manually enter every page.

2- Create an interactive lubrication schedule
For example; A gearbox oil change needs to be done every year. Wen the oil change is done, a button could be press on a graphic display. If oil change is not done after a year, a alarm and message would pop to warn operator that oil change needs to be done.

I hope I was clear and thank you all very much in advance.

if your using a PC based HMI then look at the activex objects there is one to open application. You could use it to open a .pdf file and show the manual.

As far as your schedule I would do that in the Plc. Assuming your using a Controllogix platform. I would use the GSV instruction to get LocalDateTime and use that to timestamp reset button press. Once you capture that TimeStamp Then Add 1 to the Year and compare if current time is >= to your captured values. if true set your alarm Bit.

The latest PanelView Plus terminals support PDF files.
You will need to use the activeX control "ME Program Launcher"; check help in FTView Studio for details.
You can even have that open to a specific page within the PDF, based on what you want to show the operator.

Cool, was not sure about the PanelView Terminals . Good to know. Also could not remember the Name of the ActiveX. Knew it was there just could not remember it's name.