FTV Viewpoint Versions

JonAW

Hi Guys,

I've run into a minor problem but like most people I don't like to leave the problem unresolved.

I've just modified an HMI application for a panelview plus 1000 from my office, saved the file as a FTV version 7 runtime .mer file and transferred it to the hmi. No problem, the system is up and running and working well, proven via vnc connection.

Now what I want to do is view 2 pages with viewpoint. Until I made the changes this worked fine but now when I try to view the pages, they appear but all the boxes have ***** in them. When I've went into the FTV viewpoint admin console it won't allow me in as my FTV studio version is v8 and the FTV viewpoint requires version 7 to operate. Is there anyway I can install two factorytalk studio versions on my pc?

The reason for the ***** in the box is because I made a slight change to the comms configuration to allow me to download via VPN and I need to update the viewpoint accordingly. (I hope this is the issue anyway)

As always any help is appreciated

regards

Jonny

No, you can only install one version of FTView Studio.
But you could update FTViewPoint to v2.60(?). Updating to FTViewPoint v8 would require you to update everything to version 8 (s/w, PVP firmware, and MER file version).

Page 9 has a matric of versions that work with each other. You'll have to figure out which versions you have now, and where you need to update to.
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/qs/ftvp-qs002_-en-e.pdf

Or just keep two different PCs with different software versions. VMware or VirtualBox are great for just that reason; create a virtual PC for different versions of software.