S5 timers with compares?

russg

Hi,

I'm more used to using S7 and been given an S5 project. Does anyone know how a compare is used when say T21 is input into one of the inputs?

The pic is from the program. I'm assuming it means when T21 gets to 3 seconds it will output A5.1?

Can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks for the info Garry. I would have thought entering T21 would just give you a high or low signal ie 1 bit? I would have thought using the actual timer value would mean having to use the BI or BCD out functions of a timer?

In STL it's like this:

LC T 21; Loading the timer value BCD coded

L T 21; Loading the timer value as integer.

I mean to remember that the timers counts downwards to 0.

Edit: Ad KF+3; the size is dependant of the time base of the value loaded when the timer was started. So it can be 3*10ms, ... to 3*10s.

Kalle

Last edited:
He's not correct; !=F means "not equal to" so at the moment the timer value is 3, the output is off. also the timer probably continues after that depending on it's setting.

second, what's your purpose posting links to your local drive? lol.

from the manual
:

ScreenHunter_311 Mar. 05 14.11.jpg