Creating an Integer Data Table

showshocka

I'm messing around on this old Equipment (a 5/04 using RSLogix 500) Rigging it up for a Trainer. I have a fast Analog 2 channel I/O card in the rack that I'm using for my 4-20ma signals. Through 2 SCPs in the Logic I have one output from the first SCP going to N7:0, which is fine. I am trying to send the 2nd SCP output to another integer, lets say N9:0. When I try, an error comes up saying "Unable to Create Data Table". What am I not doing correctly. Thanks. :mad:

Glad that you got it going.

Just to follow up, the reason this happened is that you were trying to create a new "N" Data table. (One that did not already exist)

You have to create this in your project offline and download it to the processor in order to create a new table.

Had you assigned say N7:1 as the second integer then you could have done this while online, because the "N7" data table already existed.

Have a good one.
BCS

Maybe not so cool!!

I got a helpful tip via PM that the information I gave you may be wrong for the SLC platform and you may NOT be able to expand the N7 data table while online either.

I just set up a couple of controllers on my bench (to work on another project) and was going to try this out before retracting my previous statement.

Not that I need to double check this info, as it was given to me by a VERY reliable individual, but I am from Missouri (I am not from Missouri) and as they say you gotta show me.
(or I guess in this case I gotta see for myself, not that I question what was said to me for a moment, because I dont)

Also I dont have a SLC set up on the bench just Compact and Micrologix but will give it a go with the Micro. Once we are not in production I can mess around on one of the SLCs.
(Curious minds gotta know)

Showshocka why dont you try this out on your SLC trainer.
I have found the best way to get something to stick in your mind is to do it.

BCS

Last edited:
Alrighty then, seeing is believing, I stripped down one of my existing programs, deleted the expansion from the I/O Config, and deleted the logic that related to the deleted expansion, then loaded it into a 1400.

Inserted and unconditional MOV and tried to send it to a N7:xx that had not been created in my data table.

Just as I was informed.... it does not work.

Tried this with B3 instructions and other elements that did not exist in the data table already and same result.... "Unable to Create Data Table"

Lesson learned: You have to create ANY new data table elements offline and then download to the controller.

I appologize to Showshocka, for giving you bad information.

And I owe a big THANKS to my friend that set me straight on my incorrect, preconceived notions, of how I thought this worked.
I have it straight now, and this lesson will stick with me.
Thank You.

BCS

Last edited:
Maybe not so cool!!

I got a helpful tip via PM that the information I gave you may be wrong for the SLC platform and you may NOT be able to expand the N7 data table while online either. BCS

At first I did try to use N7:1 while online and it did tell me the same error. Unable to create Data Table.